The City of Sanford is now planning its fourth annual Sanford Block Party. This year, the party will happen on Hawkins Avenue between Hill Avenue and E. Weatherspoon Street.
The party will take place on April 26, 2014 from 8am to 3pm. If you'd like to participate, all you have to do is bring your gardening tools, gloves, and a great attitude to work side-by-side with community agencies, volunteers, churches, civic groups, municipal staffers, and elected officials to make a difference you can see.
This year's Sanford Block Party will be coordinated by the City's Housing Task Force, including Karen Kennedy, John Ramsperger, and Ken Armstrong along with local insurance agents Chadburn Spivey, Deborah Crews, Cleo Blue, and Jimmy Tucker.
To let them know you're coming, go to the "Sanford Block Party" event on Facebook. You can also contact Chadburn Spivey if you aren't on Facebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Can Help? Anyone is welcome to come volunteer, whether as an individual or with a group. To discuss volunteer options and RSVP to help, contact Deborah Crews at 919-776-1707.
- What kind of help is needed? Homes along this stretch need basic repairs and landscaping, such as painting, mowing, raking, and landscaping. We ask that volunteers bring their own tools if they can.
- Are there ways to help if I can't be there that day? This project requires repair and landscaping tools and materials, as well as food, beverages, and entertainment for those who volunteer. Each year, the community and local businesses step up to help out.
To donate items this year, use the following contacts:
• Materials: Jimmy Tucker at 919-774-5010 or Cleo Blue at 919-775-2205.
• Tools or supplies: John Ramsperger at 919-842-3308 or David Nestor at 919-353-2020.
• Food, beverages, or entertainment: Chadburn Spivey at 919-774-1677.
For general questions or more information, contact Karen Kennedy or 919-777-1113 or Chadburn Spivey at 919-774-1677.