Friday, November 1, 2013

City Asks Residents To Help With Street Light Issues

The top way to increase the safety of any street is to ensure it is well lit, but it's difficult to know about every broken or burned out street light.

That's where the City of Sanford hopes you and other residents will come in.

The Streets Maintenance Department wants residents to report any street light problems they notice so that we can get them resolved. Potential issues include:
  • Burned out lights,
  • Lights cycling on and off,
  • Flickering lights, 
  • Tree limbs blocking light from reaching the street, and 
  • Any damage to a light.
Action plan: If you see any street light issues, follow these steps:
  1. Record the pole number and location. 
  2. Report that information to Duke Energy Progress at 800-708-7488 or
  3. Report that information to the Public Works Service Center at 919-775-8247.
You can also report problems using YourGov, a free mobile reporting app for Android or Apple devices. The app will allow you to submit a photo of the pole number and its location right from your phone.

Thank you in advance for helping us ensure that our street lights work properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment